I made these gratitude truffles this week for my students this week as a welcome back and as a big thank you for allowing me to share my love of yoga and being able to work in something I adore!
September is a like a second January with new resolutions and most people looking to detox after all the fun of the summer!! This recipe is my spin of a detox truffle with super greens and raw detoxing cacao. They have no refined sugar and are super healthy for you.
50g Raw Cacao Butter
200g Dates (soaked for at least an hour)
100g Nuts(any nuts you have in your cupboard is perfect, I used walnuts and almonds)
50g Nuts(as above) for coating, optional
2 tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
1 dessertspoon(or as much as you up for 🙂 ) Raw Super Greens(I used a Green Mix that consisted of Chlorella, Barley Grass, Spirulina & wheatgrass, simply spirulina would be great too)
- Grind your nuts first in your blender so you get a crumb like texture, remove from blender and set aside
- Melt your cacao butter over a pot of boiling water
- Drain the dates and blend along with the cacao butter to create a smooth texture
- Add all your ingredients (leaving out the nuts for coating) and blend until well combined
- Roll out into desired size truffles and coat in your nut coating
- Pop into fridge for 15 mins and enjoy!!
These can be stored in the freezer and are a very handy snack and energy boost! On that note please be warned these may keep you awake if you eat too late in the evening!! Also as I have learned (the hard way!! ) not to give these to my kids too late in the afternoon or they maybe wired before bed!!! Eeek!!