Yes you heard right Beans in a Chocolate Treat!! But we are not talking about Heinz Baked Beans!! Choose any beans such as Kidney Beans, Butter Beans, Chickpeas, Blackbeans etc..
These raw chocolate truffles are so easy to make like with all my raw treats. With the combination of raw cacao(which is detoxing, energy and mood boosting, full of magnesium, iron and more calcium than cow’s milk) and protein packed plant based beans this is a healthy treat not to be missed!!
It contains no refined sugar and no yokey unhealthy stuff all super healthy goodness!!
I made these for my Yoga students before we broke for the summer and I more than often have a batch of these in the freezer for my kids and I to have for picnics or treat Friday school lunch boxes.
In the below recipe you can play around with any type of Beans you like, I throw in whatever I can find in the cupboard. The kids recently made a mix of 4 Beans: Kidney, Canneloni, Chickpeas and Blackbeans.. very yummy!!
1 tin of canneloni beans rinsed and well drained (any beans can be used but I find I get this nice creamy texture from the cannelloni and not an overpowering taste)
100g of Tahini (Any nut or seed butter works great I love tahini as it gives a nice almost peanuty taste)
4 tbsp of cacao powder
3 tbsp of date paste(again any natural sweetener you like such as Honey or Maple Syrup)
pinch of Himalaya pink salt(or sea salt)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Raw Chocolate Layer: (or to cheat 70/85% dark chocolate!)
140g raw cacao butter
45g cacao powder
4-5 teaspoon raw honey/date paste/maple adjusting to your preference
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of himalyian salt
Optional toppings: Cacao nibs, Nut chips, Goji berries etc.
1. Combine all the filling ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth,
* Note: You are aiming for a dough like consistency that is easily rolled into balls. If too dry add a few drops of water but add with caution as you don’t want to get these too wet
2. Roll into desired ball sizes and place in the fridge while you make your raw chocolate
2. To make your raw chocolate. Pop cacao butter in a bowl and place over another bowl of boiling hot water.
3. Once melted mix the cacao powder, honey, vanilla extract and salt into the cacao butter. Keep the bowl over the bowl of boiling water so as to keep it melted.
4. Finally dip your bean balls into the melted raw chocolate placing them on parcement paper, sprinkle some desired toppings if you like.
5. Pop into the fridge to set. These are amazing out of the freezer too.