These are the top tips according to Harvard Health for better quality sleep:
* Exercise – Exercise boosts the effect of natural sleep hormones such as melatonin but don’t exercise too close to bedtime as it maybe too stimulating.
* Reserve bed for sleep – avoid using your bed for work or watching tv. The bed needs to be a stimulus for sleeping, not for wakefulness.
* Keep it comfortable
* Start a sleep ritual – As you would do with your kids or when you were a kid, there are bedtime routines. It the same when we are adults. Rituals help signal the body and mind that it’s coming to be time for sleep.
* Eat—but not too much
* Avoid alcohol and caffeine
* De-stress – maybe try one of TYT Meditations if you find you are stressed going to bed.
Check out some of our Yoga videos on TYT Community to help you sleep soundly. Also up on the Community are lots of meditations for helping you get to sleep and if you wake up in the middle of the night we have a meditation to help you get back to sleep too!!
TYT has your back ♥
Here’s to a good night sleep!