This week we looked to the Fire Element. With the big change in the weather in Cork this week wiith lots of heavy rain we may have found ourselves a little sluggish and unmotivated. Bringing some fire into our lives and our yoga practice can help!
The fire element is associated with the Manipura Chakra. It governs our confidence, our self esteem, our motivation, our drive and our digestion. This inner fire is within us all but sometimes it just needs to be igniting. The fire element is associated with change and transformation. When we look to nature heat can transform ice to water and transform water to steam and this is true for our body and energy. When we ignite our fire we allow ourselves to transform, we generate internal heat that can flush our bodies of toxinsl and allows our body to be more flexible.
Are you feeling sluggish, unmotivated, low self esteem, lack of focus. You may need to activate and ignite your inner fire!Ways to increase your Fire Element in your everyday life:
- Stay warm, active and avoid dampness.
- Favour colours that are warm and bright to wear
- Try energising activity such as running cycling etc.
- Cultivating physical challenges
- Include stimulating and heating asanas in your yoga practice such as sun salutations
- Join evening classes to get you motivated
- Favour lighter, drier foods with pungent, bitter, and astringent tastes
- Enjoy spicy food
- Minimise sweet sour and salty foods
- Avoid Naps and long Shavasanas
“I enjoy vital energy in every cell of my body.”
In our yoga practice we flow in a heated practice and include poses that active the navel the location of our Fire and Manipura Chakra . Include poses such as twists, core asanas and arm balances.
Try our 5 minute Quick Fix Video: Manipura Chakra & Fire Element Madela Namaskar below 🙂