Looking to connect with your Water/Jala element… you might be thinking huh?? 🙂
Our bodies and the world around us are made up of the 5 basic Elements: Earth(Prithvi), Fire(Agni), Water(Jala), Air(Vayu) & Ether/Space(Askash). They are responsible for the building blocks of the universe. Each object or being in the world encompasses the five elements to varying quantities and combinations.
Sometimes we may have excess of some elements over the others. The weather, stress or the food we eat may affect our internal elements.
In Yoga & Ayurveda we can help to bring our elements into balance.
For this first video of the elements we are looking at the Water or Jala Element. The water element is associated with the Swadisthana Chakra. It governs our creativitiy, our sexuality, our sensuality our ability to let go and go with the flow of the life. Water is healing, nourishing and purifying. When in balance we are connected with our emotions, we feel calm and cool, we are flexible and can easily connect with others.
Are you feeling stiff, dehydrated, have very dry skin, aching joints? Are you feeling emotionally unstable, tense and stuck? Do you have have low libido and uninspired? You may have a water deficiency.
Ways to increase your Water Element in your everyday life:
- Be around water and nature
- Stay calm, cool, avoid the sun
- Don’t over book yourself, If you have excess fire in your body you may tend to overschedule yourself and eel pressurised by time pressure so leave plenty of time between appointments
- Whenever you find yourself feeling pressured or irritated, focus your attention on taking three slow, deep Full Yogic Breaths.
- Avoid competitive sport or activities in the evening or too close to bedtime
- Spend time with family and friends and the joy of loving relationships
- Avoid hot pepper and pickled foods choose cooling foods such as apples, grapes, zucchini, lettuce, cucumbers, cilantro, and fresh organic dairy.
- Eliminate or reduce your intake of alcohol, heavy meats, and fried, oily, salty, spicy, and sour foods. Instead of salt, use fennel seeds, coriander, fenugreek, and fresh lime juice for seasoning.
- Do not eat past 7pm
“Every step I take is filled with calm and ease”
Try our 5 minute Quick Fix Video: Swadisthana Chakra & Water Element Madela Namaskar below 🙂