I was out having a cuppa with my hubby and kids last week and we naughtily ordered chocolate biscuit cake to share! Which I adore!!
I thought to myself wouldn’t it be great to create a raw version that was guilt free and actually nutritious. I had also been racking my brain to come up with a little welcome back treat for my students that I had not made them before. And so the idea of our Nutritious Guilt Free Raw Chocolate Biscuit Cake came about. I tried to come up with a way to make the biscuit part completely raw but anything I tried didn’t give the crunch that is so needed for a yummy chocolate biscuit cake!!
This chocolate cake is gluten free, wheat free, refined sugar free, guilt free!! Yeh!!!
- 120g Almonds
- 2 Tablespoons of Melted Coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Pure Maple Syrup
- 180g Raw Chocolate or 180g 85% organic Dark chocolate(dark chocolate is a cheaper and easier way but I am a purest and a sucker for more work, I love raw where possible!!
- 180g cashew nut butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 20g raisons
- Optional : 3 drops of peppermint essential oil or more if you desire
- Preheat Oven 180degrees
- Ground the almonds, melt the coconut oil, mix together along with the maple syrup
- Place parchment paper on a baking tray and spread the mixture on top, press firmly down.
- Pop the tray into the oven for around 10 mins
- Once biscuit is cooked and crispy, set aside and let it cool down and harden.
- Melt the chocolate either raw or shop bought along with the coconut oil.
- Stir in cashew nut and combine well.
- Pop in peppermint essential oil if you wish. This will give an extra healthy hit and add the gorgeous taste of peppermint.
- Break up the biscuit and stir into melted cake mixture along with raisins.
- Line a tray or dish and pour out mixture
- Pop into the fridge, should be ready to consume within 30 minutes…. yum!!!!