Super Healthy Raw Mint Oreo Cake!!
No junk no wheat no dairy no refined sugar 3 layered delicious raw take on Mint Oreos… sure to wow your friends… just don’t tell them what’s in it until after they have tasted it 😉😉
Takes a little bit of time this one but it is so worth it!!!
- 175g (1 cup) Presoaked dates
- 100g (1 cup) Almonds
- 100g (1 cup) Walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g (1/3 cup) raw cacao powder
- 40g (1/3 cup) chia seeds optional but gives an extra healthy omega 3 acids 💪
- 80ml maple syrup
- Pinch of pink Himalayan Salt(sea salt works perfect too)
1. Pop nuts into blender until you create a flour and place in a bowl
2. Drain dates and blend until smooth
3. Combine dates and the other crust ingredients into a bowl and mix well
4. Line an 8×8 tin and pour in mixture and pop into freezer while you make the next fudgey layer
Chocolate fudge layer:
- 4 avocados
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt(again sea salt works well)
- 60ml maple syrup
- 60g (1/2 cup) cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Scoop out the avocado discarding the stone and skin and pop into blender along with the other fudgey ingredients.
2. Blend until smooth and yummy!
3. Take crust out of freezer and pour fudge layer on top create a smooth layer
4. Pop back into freezer for 3 hours
Mint cream layer:
- 2 tins of coconut milk (pop into fridge over night to solidify the coconut cream – when in the fridge the cream with the liquid seperates)
- 60ml maple syrup
- 5 drops of green colouring (I used a natural colouring that I prepared by boiling a cup of spinach with a a half cup of warm water for 2 mins and then blending but of course shop bought is perfect too and much easier)
- 4 drop of peppermint or mint essential oil
Prepare just before serving
1. Scoop the solidified coconut cream and combine the remaining mint cream ingredients
2. Combine with the remaining ingredients and whisk until the consistency of whipped cream
3. Pour over the fudgey layer and grate dark chocolate on top…
This was one of the favourites. Yum yum!! No refined sugar, no wheat, no dairy, no junk…. Just all goodness!! These have been tried and tested in my household and they are a big hit!!
Enjoy your guilt free treat