Tis the season for blackberry picking!! And what fun Tadhg, Daisy and I have had picking them. They are so plentiful down the lane where we spent our summer in West Cork. We pi cked so many blackberries we made lots of blackberry dishes, I wanted to stay away from sugar heavy blackberry jam, our favourite recipe was this yummy Blackberry Cheesecake.
200g of mix of raw grounded nuts(we used walnuts and almonds as that what was in our cupboard but hazelnuts, cashew nuts all work gorgeously)
200g of pitted Medjool Dates(may help to soak these in warm water for around 30 minutes to make them easier to blend)
40g Desiccated Coconut
230g Raw Cashews
90g Coconut Oil
125ml Maple Syrup/Raw Honey
2 Tablespoon of Freshly Squeezed Lemon
1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
1. Soak your cashew nuts in water for 5 hours or overnight
2. Line a 20cm cake tin with parchment paper
3. Blend all the base ingredients in your blender or food processor and place in your cake tin, pressing it down firmly.
4. Drain and rinse the cashew nuts ensuring you have no water remaining and pop into your blender/food processor along with the other filling ingredients
5. Pour the filling over the base. We decorated with a few blackberries.
6. Pop into the freezer for 4 hours or until hard.
If feeling decadent try a scoop of coconut ice cream!! Yum yum!!