Liver Cleansing Green Soup
This super liver cleansing soup will give you a speedy detox after all the Christmas festivities. Bursting with lots of nutritious veggies you will be feeling nourished and energised.
- Blender/hand blender
- 1/2 head broccoli florets
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- 1 parsnip peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups filtered water or low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Toasted mixed seeds and nuts
- Heat the coconut oil in a big pot, add the onion, garlic, carrot, parsnip, celery sticks and broccoli, and cook over low heat for five minutes, stirring frequently
- Add the filtered water or vegetable broth, bring to a boil, then cover the pot with a lid and let simmer for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- Stir in the greens, then transfer into the blender, add the chia seeds and lemon, and process to obtain a smooth cream.
- Top with toasted seeds and serve warm.
Super Greens in a Glass
The quickest way to get greens and some nutrition in is of course with our green juices/smoothies!!! To bring some balance to our diet this is our super food goodness in a glass!!!
- Juicer or Blender
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- Handful of parsley leaves and stems
- 1 medium green apple
- 1 large cucumber
- 1-inch length piece fresh ginger
- 1 medium lemon, peeled
- Simply pop all ingredients through a juicer, if you don't have a juicer the ingredients will blend well too by adding water.
'Carb Free' Bread
These 'carb free' bread rolls will hit the bread spot but without the overloaded carbs that we normally find in bread rolls. And they are surprisingly very yummy!!!This recipe includes only low fodmap ingredients which is great for helping IBS.
- 1/3 cup (1¾ oz.) ground psyllium husk powder
- 1¼ cups (5 oz.) almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 egg whites or if going vegan, substitute with flax eggs(please see note at the end showing you how to make flax eggs)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds or seeds of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Bring the water to a boil.
- Add vinegar and egg whites/flax eggs to the dry ingredients, and combine well. Add boiling water, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don't over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- Moisten hands with a little olive oil and shape dough into 6 separate rolls. Place on a greased baking sheet. Top with optional sesame seeds.
- Bake on lower rack in the oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread rolls. They're done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
*To make flax eggs, soak 2 tbsp of flax seeds with 6 tbsp of water for around 5 minutes - Easy!!! Just ensure you mix well in the rest of the mixture.