We loved this healthy Cacao chocolate cake. It is super yummy and very rich so you only need a little slice. It is also quite dense with cacao so be sure not to eat too late or you will be up all night!! The avocado is this recipe makes it very mouse and creamy but without the guiit. And you would never guess there is any avocado in it!!
For the Cake:
7 Tablespoons of almond butter
8 tablespoons of Raw Cacao Powder
11 Tablespoons of Pure Maple Syrup/Honey
140g Ground Almonds
3 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds
4 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
4 Tablespoons of Raw Cacao
4 Tablespoons of Pure Maple Syrup/Honey
1. Preheat the over to 180degrees. Line your baking tin with parchment paper, I used a 20cm cake tin.
2. Ground your almonds.
3. Scoop your avocados out of the skin(discarding the stones) and place in your blender/food process along with the other cake ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy
4. Place the batter into your cake tin and place in the oven. Baking for around 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
5. Leave to cool and bind together for around 20 minutes.
6. To make the frosting, warm the coconut oil in a pan, take off the heat and mix in the other frosting ingredients. Spread over the top of the cooled cake.