In June we had Daisy’s 1st birthday party and were absolutely blessed with a gorgeous summer day. We had a little garden party for Daisy and all her friends. We had 15 kids ranging from 7 months to 8 years. I decided to use it as an experiment and had a raw treat only birthday party with not a bit of sugar in sight. So everything including Daisy’s birthday cake was raw with only healthy raw natural ingredients used. The kids loved it and devoured everything in site!!
We had raw frozen heart sweets, homemade raw ice lollies, raw macaroons, raw choc brownies, avocado chocolate mouse cake, raw coconut icecream and homemade juice punch. The cake surprising is not that difficult to make, to be honest it is far easier to make than baking a sponge cake!
300g Cashew nuts
300g Pitted Dates
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
4 ripe avocados
1/2 teaspoon himalyian pink salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
90g cacao powder
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest of 2 oranges
Punnet of strawberries or any seasonal berry
- Blend the nuts, dates and vanilla extract together in a food processor until smooth and spread over the base of a 30cm baking tin(I used a heart shaped mould for Daisy’s cake) compacting it as you go.
- To make the topping, put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Slice strawberries and make a layer of strawberries over the base.
- Smooth the chocolate topping over the strawberries, smoothing it out evenly and leave it set in the fridge or freezer for 2 hours before serving.
- Decorate with some berries if you like