As the name suggests this a super healthy guilt free raw vegan cheesecake!! And it is delicious. Quite rich so you don’t need to over indulge.
Before my yoga classes break for the summer and at different times during the year I love to treat my students to one of my favourite raw treats. I feel very fortunate to have a job that I adore and to be able to share my passion of yoga with others. So it is a small token of my gratitude 🙂
This recipe is super easy. It was kindly shared by a student.
I have slighlty altered the recipe. Feel free to substitute any fruit you like or maybe switching the fruit for raw chocolate, yumm!!! Must try that soon.. stay posted!!
I love recipes that don’t have a zillion ingredients this is one of them with only 8 ingredients!!
1 cup(200g) pitted dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes so they are easier to blend, Be sure to dap them dry before you blend otherwise they will make the crust too soggy!)
1 cup(120g) of raw walnuts
1 1/2 cup (180g) of raw cashews (soak for 1 hour in hot water)
1 large lemon juiced (1/4 cup or 50ml)
1/3 cup (80g) raw coconut oil, melted (place the coconut oil in a suitable bowl and place over a pot of boiling water so as to keep its rawness)
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp (150ml) Full Fat Coconut Milk (if your coconut milk is separated I love the creamy layer on top,if it has already mixed that’s perfect too)
1/2 cup of raw pure maple syrup or honey if non vegan
Handful of strawberries
Optional: Strawberries/Rasberries to decorate
1. Place your walnuts into a blender or processor and blend into a meal.
2. Take out your nuts and pop in your dates until small bits remain and it forms into a ball.
3. Pop your nuts in with the date mixture and blend until a loose dough forms. It should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers. If too dry add some more dates, if too wet add more walnuts.
4. Place some parchment paper in the base of your cheesecake mould or use a 12 slot muffin tin.
5. Next scoop the crust mixture in the tin and press down with your hands.
6. Pop into your freezer to firm up while you make the filling.
7. Place all your filling ingredients into a blender/processor and blend until smooth. If the mixture won’t come together try adding a touch more lemon juice or maple syrup/honey or coconut milk as the liquid will help it to mix better.
8. Take crust out of freezer and pour the filing mixture on top, the filling mixture will be very liquid but don’t worry the freezer and the coconut oil will harden it up! Tap a few times to release any air bubbles. Cover with parchment paper and pop back into freezer for 4-6 hours.
9. You can serve straight from frozen or set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
10. Decorate with some sliced strawberries and raspberries.
Yum yum yum!! Enjoy