During the lockdown I posted up a weekly #tastytuesday healthy recipe on my Instagram and Facebook accounts. As everyone was so busy baking and really enjoying it I thought why not share some of my favourite healthy recipes. So you could eat your cake and not feel guilty!!
This was one of the favourites. Yum yum!! No refined sugar, no wheat, no dairy, no junk…. Just all goodness!! These have been tried and tested in my household and they are a big hit!!
Super Healthy Hazelnut Choc Chip Vegan Cookies
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds soaked in 6 tablespoon of water for around 5 mins(chia seeds also work well) – this is your egg replacement)
- 3 tablespoons of hazelnut butter (any nut butter will work)
- 40g ground hazelnuts (again choose your favourite nuts or whatever is in the cupboard)
- 20g hazelnuts chopped in tiny chunks
- 4 tablespoons of oat flour (porridge oats blended to a flour consistency)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil(melted)
- 3 teaspoon of pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of Dark/vegan choc chips
- Pinch of Himalayan salt (sea salt is okay too)
1. Preheat oven to 170
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl
3. Add all the wet ingredients and combine well
4. You should have a crumbled dough texture, if too wet add some more oat flour if too dry add a little dairy free milk until you are happy with the consistency
4. Stir in the chocolate chips
5. Scoop out around a tablespoon of mixture and shape into the cookie shape. I like mine gooey in the centre so I don’t make them too flat. This recipe will make 6 cookies.
6. Pop on a lined oven try and place in over for around 12 – 15 depending on your oven. Keep a close eye on them so that they don’t burn .
Take out the oven to cool on a wired rack!!
Enjoy your guilt free treat